Quick Mashed Potatoes
This classic and delicious recipe for mashed potatoes will be your family's favorite side dish for dinner and holiday meals.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 lb (500 g) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup milk
- a little sea salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- a pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan with the milk and a touch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Mash with a potato masher-add a little more milk, if needed-and stir in the butter and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!