Quick Turkey Dressing
Type: Side Dishes
Don't reserve this scrumptious turkey dressing just for special days - enjoy it often!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 cups (3 ounces) unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked turkey breast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 -by- 8 -inch baking dish with butter -flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté onion and celery for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken soup, dry milk powder, water, poultry seasoning, and parsley flakes. Stir soup mixture into vegetable mixture.
- Add bread cubes and turkey. Mix well to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 2 to 3 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- 1 . Pepperidge Farm bread cubes work great. 2. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked turkey breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.