Your family will love this ratatouille recipe -- and you'll love how quick and easy ratatouille is to make!
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small eggplant, unpeeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped into l/2-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4-ounce can mushrooms, drained 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, eggplant, zucchini, and peppers in the oil over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.