Red Potato Salad with Chicken
Red potato salad with chicken will be a big hit with your family on a warm evening.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Celery seeds to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked low-fat chicken breast
- Place diced potatoes in saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer just until potatoes are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and pickle relish in medium bowl; mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and potatoes; toss carefully until ingredients are well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least several hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Did you know that about 27 billion potatoes are grown each year in Idaho?
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.