Roast Artichokes with Tomato and Garlic
This is such a simple accompaniment but very colorful and tasty
Prep Time: prep 5 mins
Cooking Time: cook 1 hr
Serves: makes 4 servings
- one 14oz ( 400g) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 8 small plum tomatoes on the vine
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- few sprigs of thyme (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 275°F (140°C).
- Place the artichoke hearts in a shallow baking dish with the tomatoes. Scatter the garlic cloves in the dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, add the thyme, if using, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 1 hour, until the garlic is very tender.
- prep 5 mins; cook 1 hr
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!