Roast Potatoes with Garlic & Sea Salt
These are everything a roast potato should be--crisp, crunchy, and brown on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Prep Time: 8M
Cooking Time: 30M-40M
Serves: serves 4-6
Dairy, egg, gluten, & nut free
- 8 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, separated into cloves
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Measure the oil into a large roasting pan and place in the oven to heat through.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and cool under cold water. Dry them well, using a dish towel.
- Carefully place the potatoes and unpeeled garlic cloves in the hot oil in the roasting pan. Turn them around to coat them evenly with the oil. Sprinkle with the sea salt and return to the oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are nicely browned with crispy edges. Turn the potatoes twice during cooking.
Excerpted from Allergy-Free Cookbook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!