Roasted Red Potatoes
Here, the natural flavor of roasted red potatoes is allowed to shine, enhanced with just a few spices.
Serves: Serves: 8
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Line baking sheet or roasting pan with foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Wash potatoes and place on paper towel to drain but do not dry completely.
- Combine Mrs. Dash seasoning, sugar and pepper in large plastic bag and shake until blended. Add potatoes to plastic bag and shake until completely coated.
- Arrange on baking sheet or in roasting pan; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Bake potatoes 45 to 60 minutes, until tender.
- Potatoes can be prepared, refrigerated and baked later or baked and reheated in microwave or oven.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.