Serve this array of roasted veggies with rice, couscous, or your favorite grain for a healthy lunch or dinner.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cored, deseeded, and cut into chunks
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 medium-sized or 4 small zucchini, thickly sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, basil, or parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange all the vegetables and the garlic in a shallow roasting pan.
- Add the olive oil, and push the vegetables around until they are well coated with the oil.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice. The vegetables should be tender and just starting to turn golden-brown.
- Sprinkle with the chopped fresh herbs.
- Serve these vegetables with plain brown rice, couscous, or bulgur for an appetizing and colorful supper. The vegetables are also a delicious accompaniment to roast beef, grilled fish or meat, or a simple omelet.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!