Black sesame seeds are a tasty garnish in this lemon-broccoli recipe.
Serves: Serves: 4.
- 1 cup water
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized flowerettes; reserve stems for another purpose
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Bring the water to a boil (you can use your kettle). Put all the broccoli in a steamer or a large skillet. Make sure there is a top to cover.
- When the water is boiling, pour evenly over the broccoli, cover, and put heat on high. Cook for only 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove to a plate, squeeze the lemon generously, and sprinkle on the seeds.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright © 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.