Type: Side Dishes
Onion flakes, herbs, and spices make for flavorful carrots.
Serves: Serves: 8 (scant 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cups (two 16-ounce cans) sliced carrots, rinsed and drained
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, lemon pepper, onion flakes, and parsley flakes.
- Stir in carrots.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.