Type: Side Dishes
Give your potatoes a head start in the microwave, then finish them in the skillet for a crispy outside.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 TB. canola oil
- For skillet:
1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- Scrub potatoes and slice lengthwise into sections that resemble dill pickle spears.
- Place spears in a large microwave-safe bowl, drizzle with the 2 tablespoons canola oil (to prevent sticking) and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking in the microwave, heat 1⁄2 cup oil in a large skillet.
- With a fork, transfer potato spears to the heated frying pan, arranging them in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, turning to ensure that all sides are cooked. Re-move when done to drain on a plate with paper towels.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.