Southwestern Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Type: Side Dishes
Roasting sweet potatoes gives them a tender inside and a crusty outside. Coated with chili powder, these are better than French fries!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 3/4 pounds unpeeled sweet potatoes (about 3 medium-large)
- 3-4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Measure the potatoes; there should be 5 cups. Adjust the amount if necessary.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the chili powder and salt, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss well to coat.
- Coat a nonstick 9-x-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray, and spread the potatoes evenly in the pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for 10 additional minutes. Turn the potatoes, and bake for 10 minutes more, or until tender. Serve hot.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.