The zesty taste of this rice dish appeals to old and young alike.
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 16-ounce can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Prepare bacon. Remove bacon from skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper. Sauté until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, and cooked rice.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.