Spinach-Feta Stuffed Potatoes
Spinach and three cheeses (feta, Parmesan and cottage) make these stuffed potatoes outstanding!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until cooked through. (Potatoes can be microwaved on High 8 to 9 minutes per potato.) Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch border. Combine potato pulp, spinach, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, feta cheese and garlic powder in medium bowl; mash with fork or mix with electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon mixture back into potato shells.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer on baking sheet; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Let potatoes stand at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Bake potatoes 10 to 15 minutes, until heated through.
- Spinach, an excellent source of folate, has been associated with reducing depression.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.