Stir-fried Broccoli with Sesame Seeds
The added flavorings transform broccoli into something special
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 6M
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp crushed hot red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the broccoli into florets. Pare the stems and cut them crosswise into thin slices.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring almost constantly, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the oil, soy sauce, and hot pepper to the pan and stir combine. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and cover. Cook for about 2 minutes longer, or until crisp-tender. Stir in the sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Good with grilled meats.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!