Type: Side Dishes
Stuffing green bell peppers with this lentil tomato mixture makes a wonderful side dish or a light main course!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 3 cups cooked lentils, drained
- Garlic powder to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup grated nonfat Parmesan cheese (optional)
- According to food experts, stirring rice while it simmers mashes the grains and makes the rice gummy and sticky.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.