Summer Tomato Platter
This tomato recipe is a quick and tasty classic for summertime meals.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, sliced thickly (about 1⁄2 inch)
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese (comes in brine), sliced in 1⁄4-inch medallions
- Good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on a large platter. Place one basil leaf on each tomato slice, then a piece of mozzarella. Drizzle platter with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- With fresh Italian bread, this is delicious, and a meal in itself. No extra charge for the Italian countryside.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.