Sweet and Sour Unstuffed Cabbage
This cabbage recipe is so easy and delicious!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey breast or 95% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds cabbage, cored and shredded
- 8-Ounce can tomato sauce
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients in a large 9x13 inch casserole pan.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours. Increase cooking time by 10 to 15 minutes if the casserole was made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.