Tart and Tasty Stuffing
This unusually rich and colorful turkey dressing will add an extra flair to your Thanksgiving table.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 4 cups (6 ounces) unseasoned bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) tart red cherries, packed in water, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté celery and onion for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add bread cubes, sage, and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine. Fold in cherries.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 8 servings.
- Especially good served with pork.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.