Tex-Mex Corn Bake
Type: Side Dishes
This easy corn casserole has real, smoky barbecue flavor.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 10 3/4 cups (one 15-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, saute onion for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, celery, chili seasoning, Brown Sugar Twin, and black pepper. Add corn. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- Thaw corn by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.