Apples and raisins mixed with colorful cabbage makes this spring and summer side dish special.
Serves: serves 4
- 1/2 lb (125 g) each of red, white, and green cabbage
- 1/2 lb (125 g) carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small crisp eating apple
- 5 oz (150 g) natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Wash, dry, and finely shred the cabbage.
- Combine with the carrots, raisins, and onion; grate in the apple.
- Mix the dressing ingredients, and pour over the salad.
- Toss, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for half an hour, so that the flavors have time to develop.
- Sprinkle the coleslaw with 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds and toss well before serving.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!