Tuna and White Beans with Olives
Whip up a quick and tasty meal using tuna, white beans, and olives.
Prep Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 × 14oz (400g) can butter beans, drained
- 1 × 14oz (400g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 × 7oz (200g) cans tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp mild paprika
- about 12 black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and halved
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- Combine all the beans and the tuna in a large bowl. Add the vinegar, taste, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the mustard, paprika, olives, and capers. Taste, and season again if needed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for a couple of hours until needed. If making ahead, return to room temperature before serving.
- Use flageolet beans instead of butter beans if you prefer-these have a much softer texture.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!