Twice-Baked Mini Red Potatoes
Once-baked potatoes are fine, but twice-baked is so much better!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nonfat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons Butter Buds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pierce potatoes with fork; bake 30 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cool at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and place in medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mash potatoes until mixture is smooth and ingredients are well mixed.
- Divide mixture among potato shells. Potatoes can be covered and refrigerated overnight if desired.
- When ready to serve: Preheat oven to 400F. Bake potatoes 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Garnish with additional chopped green onions.
- Research shows that eating a diet high in complex carbohydrates can help reduce symptoms of PMS, stress and depression.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.