Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes are a great accompaniment to a meal -- but they're so filling, they can be be a meal by themselves.
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 baked potatoes
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese or low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper paprika, optional
- Bake potatoes. Cut potatoes open. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Place potato pulp in mixing bowl.
- In food processor or blender, combine cottage cheese and milk. Process until smooth. Add pulp, margarine, parsley, chives, garlic powder, and pepper. Blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells. Place on microwave-safe baking dish. Cook on high for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.