Warm Turkey and Chickpea Salad
This turkey and chickpea salad is quick, easy, and oh-so-yummy.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 ื 14oz (400g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of mild paprika
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12oz (350g) leftover roast turkey, sliced or coarsely shredded, skin removed
- handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- Combine the chickpeas and olive oil in a saucepan. Add the paprika and lemon juice, and season well with sea salt and ground black pepper. Simmer very gently over low heat for about 5-8 minutes, or until the chickpeas have softened slightly and are warmed through.
- To serve, toss the chickpeas with the leftover turkey, taste, and season again if needed. Scatter the fresh dill over the top, and serve warm with a fresh green salad or some wilted spinach.
- You could use canned white beans instead of chickpeas: try cannellini or butter beans.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!