The Best Brain Foods
Do your brain a favor and feed it foods packed with nutrients to keep it healthy and fit. Decrease your chance of disease while improving your mood, thinking, and mental skills with these brain-boosting super foods. Source: WebMD
1 of 11
Colorful Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are a no-brainer brain food. The more colorful the produce, the better it is for your body. Here are some vegetable super foods and how they are great for your noggin:
- Spinach improves learning capacity and motor skills while slowing down age-related brain function.
- Eggplant skin contains a nutrient called nasunin, which improves focus.
- Red cabbage contains the antioxidant polyphenol, which can reduce brain cell damage, and is helpful in the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamin K, which helps enhance cognitive function.
- Tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene, which helps protect against free-radical damage to cells.
- Avocadoes contain mono-unsaturated fat, a good fat that contributes to healthy blood flow.