Staff Favorites: Best Holiday Cookie Recipes
3 of 10
Makes about 4 dozen cookiesIngredients:
- 1 ½ cups sugar (plus an additional ¼ cup for powdering)
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 ¼ inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Transfer from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.
Next: Lemon Snow Bars