Staff Favorites: Best Holiday Cookie Recipes
4 of 10
Lemon Snow Bars
- ½ cup (one stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Confectionary sugar (to dust on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine crust mixture in an electric mixer, on low speed, until blended. Press into the bottom of a square 9 x 9 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- While crust is baking, combine all filling ingredients and beat with electric mixer on medium — medium/high speed until fully combined. Pour over partially baked crust and return to the oven for another 18-20 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Dust with confectionary sugar and cut into squares. Chill in air tight containers in the refrigerator, using wax paper or plastic wrap between layers.
Next: Peanut Blossoms