Staff Favorites: Best Holiday Cookie Recipes
5 of 10
Makes about 3 dozen cookiesIngredients:
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream shortening and peanut butter in mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar and brown sugar, creaming well.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamy mixture.
- Shape into small balls — about a teaspoonful each.
- Roll balls in granulated sugar and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and press a candy kiss into the center of each cookie, pressing firmly so the cookie cracks around the edges.
- Bake for another 2 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Next: Holiday Snowballs