Staff Favorites: Best Holiday Cookie Recipes
6 of 10
Makes about 4 dozen cookiesIngredients:
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar (plus an additional ½ cup for powdering)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped or ground nuts (walnuts, pecans, and almonds all work well)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cream butter in mixing bowl. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and salt; continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add nuts and vanilla extract.
- Blend in flour gradually and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into small balls — about a teaspoonful each.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Do not brown.
- Cool slightly, then roll in additional confectioner's sugar.
Next: Candy Cane Cookies