Big Sky Stew
Here's a simple, substantial stew that could sustain a bunkhouse of cowboys-or a table full of teenagers!
Serves: Serves: 6 (1 cup)
- 16 ounces lean round steak, cut into 24 pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (10 ounces) diced unpeeled potatoes
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Mushroom Soup
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, lightly brown steak. Stir in celery, carrots, onion, and potatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, mushroom soup, and parsley flakes.
- Add tomato mixture to meat mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.