Brown Rice and Celery Soup
The brown rice in this comforting, healthy soup may aid in digestion.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 sticks celery, cleaned and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup brown rice, washed and drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Put the stock in a pan, add the diced celery, bring to a boil, and simmer until the celery is soft.
- Strain off the stock and reserve.
- Purée the softened celery in a food processor or blender.
- In a clean pan, heat the oil over medium-low heat, add the onion, and cook until transparent. Add the rice and stir.
- Add the celery purée and the vegetable stock, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, and simmer until the rice is cooked-about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parsley.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!