Calico Tomato Soup
This soup's name honors the varied colors and flavors stirred together in it!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup (1 ounce) uncooked Minute Rice
- 2 teaspoons chili seasoning
- In a large saucepan, combine tomato soup, water, and parsley flakes. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in corn, peas, and uncooked rice. Add chili seasoning. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Thaw corn and peas by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.