Carrot, Leek, and Ginger Soup
Ginger and coriander make this easy carrot and leek soup more interesting.
Serves: serves 4
- 2 large leeks, cleaned and finely sliced, with some of the green part
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-in (2.5-cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp half-and-half
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat and cook the leeks until softened but not browned.
- Add the carrots, stir, grate in the peeled ginger, and add the stock and the bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and purée the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Reheat and serve in individual bowls with a swirl of cream and a sprinkling of chopped fresh coriander.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!