This simple soup is a great way to use up extra carrots, and has a delicious hint of citrus.
Serves: serves 4
- 3/4lb (375 g) old carrots, peeled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 21/2 cups vegetable stock
- juice of 3 oranges, and grated zest of 1 orange
- a sprig of fresh mint
- 5 oz (150 g) natural yogurt
- Coarsely grate the carrots.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the carrots and onion, and cook very gently until the carrots are soft and mushy.
- Add the stock and mint, and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pur閑 in a blender or food processor, add the orange juice, and season to taste.
- Serve hot or cold with yogurt and sprinkled with the grated orange zest.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!