Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
Corn adds a little sweetness to this yummy chicken soup recipe.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25g) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 × 12oz (350g) cans corn kernels, drained
- 12oz (350g) leftover roast chicken, skin removed, coarsely shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups hot chicken stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a Dutch oven or large deep frying pan over low heat. Add the onion, and cook gently for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add 1 can of the drained corn into a food processor, and pulse on and off for a few times until the kernels are a chunky purée. Scrape this into the pan with the onion. Stir in the chicken and garlic, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Increase the heat slightly, and cook for a few minutes longer to blend flavors.
- Now add the remaining corn and the stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly, and simmer for 20 minutes. Taste, and season again with salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the parsley just before serving.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!