Chicken Carrot Chowder
Type: Soups and Stews
This recipe provides lots of chicken flavor, protein, and carrots in one marvelous microwave soup.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) diced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (5 ounces) chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In an 8-cup glass measuring bowl, combine chicken broth, celery, and onion.
- Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute. Stir in chicken soup, carrots, and chicken.
- Continue microwaving on HIGH for 3 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- When serving, sprinkle 1 tablespoon parsley over top of each bowl.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.