Chicken Pot Pie Chowder
Type: Soups and Stews
Enjoy a new version of chicken pot pie in a cozy and substantial soup.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/3 cups)
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) sliced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth and onion.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in chicken, corn, peas, and carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine celery soup, dry milk powder, Cheddar cheese, and parsley flakes.
- Add soup mixture to chicken mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thaw corn and peas by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.