Chicken, Spinach, and Rice Soup
This soup recipe combines all the ingredients you need for a simple but hearty meal in a bowl.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 2 TB. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 11⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth (3 cans)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, thaw spinach in the microwave by heating on defrost for five minutes or until thawed (defrost times vary depending on the power of your microwave).
- When onion has cooked, add spinach, chicken pieces, rice, red pepper, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the skillet, stirring, and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken broth and heat to a low boil; simmer for 10 minutes.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.