Chicken Vegetable Rice Soup
This classic soup is a delicious way to stretch a half pound of chicken without stinting on nutrition.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breast, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 4 cups (two 16-ounce cans) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup (3 ounces) uncooked Minute Rice
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken pieces, onion, green beans, carrots, and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in parsley flakes. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add peas and uncooked rice. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and continue simmering for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.