Chili Mac Soup
The elbow pasta in this wonderful Southwestern soup makes everyone smile!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt 's Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Healthy Request tomato juice or any reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 10 ounces (one 16-ounce can) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chili seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup (3/4 ounce) uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large saucepan sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat and onion.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato juice, kidney beans, water, chili seasoning, and black pepper. Add uncooked elbow macaroni. Mix well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.