Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
You can have this satisfying chicken noodle soup on the table in only minutes.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 24 pieces
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/4 ounces) uncooked noodles
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken, chicken broth, and water.
- Stir in celery, carrots, and onion.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles, parsley flakes, and lemon pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.