Cold Cucumber and Yogurt Soup
On warm spring and summer days, this chilled cucumber soup will hit the spot.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- l1/2 cups natural yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Peel the cucumber, slice it paper-thin, sprinkle with salt, and allow to drain in a colander.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the cucumber and put it in a blender or food processor with the yogurt, garlic, vinegar, and dill. Blend thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and chill.
- Serve with the oil and lemon juice drizzled over the surface.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!