Type: Soups and Stews
This quick and easy corn chowder is low-fat and makes a great simple meal for your whole family.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 baked potatoes, diced
- 16-ounce package frozen kernel corn
- 16-ounce can cream-style corn
- 15-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces lean ham steak, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onion
- 1/2 cup frozen diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes until heated through.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.