Cream of Chicken Corn Chowder
Corn, chicken, and some noodles make for a flavorful culinary partnership.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 1 (1 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- Scant 1 cup (1 1/2 ounces) uncooked noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken soup, skim milk, corn, uncooked noodles, parsley flakes, and onion flakes.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in chicken.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 1. Thaw corn by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute. 2. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.