Creamy Tomato Chowder
Type: Soups and Stews
Here's a tasty tomato chowder that delivers the nutrition of a cup of skim milk in every serving.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1 1/2 cups (one 12-fluid-ounce can) Carnation Evaporated Skim Milk
- 1 3/4 cups (one 14 l/2-ounce can) stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped and undrained
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked potatoes
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large saucepan sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté celery for 6 to 8 minutes, or just until tender. Stir in tomato soup, evaporated skim milk, and undrained stewed tomatoes.
- Add potatoes, Cheddar cheese, and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through and cheese melts, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.