This cucumber bisque is served cold. It's perfect for a warm summer evening.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 cup nonfat half-and-half
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 to 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Combine cucumbers, half-and-half, yogurt, sour cream, lime juice, lime peel and onion powder in a large bowl; mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, season soup with Tabasco sauce and pepper; garnish with green onions.
- We should be a strong nation! Dairy products, a good source of calcium, account for 29 percent of all food consumed in the United States.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.