Easy Alphabet Vegetable Soup
Type: Soups and Stews
This is a healthy and easy version of alphabet soup!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 full cup)
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen cut carrots
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups Healthy Request tomato juice or any reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) uncooked alphabet or tiny shell macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, tomato juice, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Add celery, onion, carrots, and green beans. Mix well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in peas, corn, and uncooked macaroni.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.