Frankfurter Noodle Soup
This tomato soup brims over with cozy noodles and child-size bites of hot dog!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups Healthy Request tomato juice or any reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning
- 3/4 cups (3 ounces) uncooked noodles 8 ounces Healthy Choice 97% fat-free frankfurters, diced
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- In a large saucepan, combine tomato juice, water, onion, and celery. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in parsley flakes, chili seasoning, uncooked noodles, and frankfurters.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add tomato soup. Mix well to combine.
- Continue simmering for 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.