Green Bean and Ham Chowder
This green bean and ham chowder is so hearty and full of flavor, the whole family will elect it in a landslide!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 cup (5 ounces) diced raw potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (1 10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine green beans, ham, onion, potatoes, and water. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom soup, skim milk, Cheddar cheese, and black pepper.
- Continue simmering for 5 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese has melted, stirring often.
- Thaw green beans by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.